- ReLab is vast, open space that provides unlimited flexibility for its users.
- It is placed beneath the ground floor and revives Tobačna area.
Under the public square a reusing facility called -reLAB- is established. It will act as an education and prototyping facility for artist, students and the inhabitants of Ljubljana. There they will be able to experiment on how waste can be reused and upcycled.
- Politics of General Motors gave us the idea how to handle previous industrial character of the site - to re-involve the industry
´If it is not used anymore it is not automatically waste!´ -
this idea has characterized our project from the beginning
on and has become the main concept of the site.
The politics of General Motors has showed us that such Utopian thinking can be
done and can work very well. We have tried to apply this positive approach to
Tobačna and overall Ljubljana case.
- ReLab acts like a catalizator.
- When you think that it is over, ReLab upgrades product lifecycle and makes it "vivid" again.
We started with recycling the site itself. All the existing structures have been reused and an artificial landscape roof is built in order to close the building pit and provide the city with a new public space.
- ReLab is open to a wide range of waste.
- And everyone can come and participate.
The diagram shows a recycle process of used plastic bottles.
Not only by strictly factory process but with involvement of students, designers
or citizens bottles become unique object. A unique type industry starts off.